CC2017 Call for Workshop Proposals
Deadlines are specified
on Earth time.
- Submission: January 13 (extended), 2017 @ 11:59 PM UTC -12:00
- Notification: March 3, 2017
- Workshops Day: June 27, 2017
- Pablo Cesar, CWI: Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica (Netherlands)
ACM Creativity & Cognition is a multi-disciplinary
conference covering a broad range of topics. The conference
brings together artists and scientists, designers, educators,
and researchers. We seek to understand human creativity in
its many manifestations, to design new interactive
techniques and tools to augment and amplify human
creativity, and to use computational media technologies to
explore new creative processes and artifacts in all human
endeavors ranging from the arts to science, from design to
education. The goal of workshops and tutorials is to foster
discussions and innovative experiences via collaborations
and lessons from different areas.
What to Submit
We invite high-quality workshop proposals that include:
- Title, name(s) of organizer(s) and affiliations
- Topic and distinctive characteristics of the
- Relevance and significance of this topic to the
- Workshop/Tutorial tentative schedule (how it will be
- Anticipated audience, proposed channels for promoting
and marketing it
- Length: full day or half day
- Include the bio of the organizers, highlighting their
background and achievements related to the proposed
- Venue requirements: especially note any
hardware/software requirements (computer lab, tools,
workshop, software applications). Please indicate if there
are any safety implications (eg. soldering) that may need
health and safety compliance
- If you require any technical or specialist equipment,
indicate clearly if you will be supplying it yourself or
whether other arrangements need to be made.
Organizers should promote their event
amongst their own peer networks and on mailing lists. The
event will also be publicised on the conference
website. They are as well responsible for organising the
publication of any workshop proceedings if
desired. Workshops and tutorials may be cancelled or
combined if there is insufficient participation.
- Submission format: Non-Anonymized 3-5 pages paper using
the SIGCHI Extended Abstracts format.
- Evaluation: Content is rigorously juried by the
committee for suitability as a workshop or tutorial, and
interest to the community.
- Date: Workshops and tutorials will run for a full day on June 27, 2017, which is the day before
the main conference track.
- Engagement: For both workshops and tutorials, we encourage
submissions which offer interactive
and participatory methods, and who aim to engage the
wider community in the field.
- Conference support: the conference may be able to provide financial assistance in the form of free or reduced registration for the lead workshop organizer.
Where to Submit
Conference web site.