2021 Call for Papers
- Title & Abstract deadline: February 1st, 2021 @ 11:59 PM
- Paper Submission deadline: February 8th, 2021 @ 11:59 PM
- Notifications: April 9th, 2021
- Camera-Ready deadline: April 26th, 2021
Deadlines are specified as Anywhere on Earth time.
- Narges Mahyar, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Kumiyo Nakakoji, Future University Hakodate
Papers should focus on various forms of creativity from creativity-support environments, and computing technologies to their interplay with innovative forms and experiences of art, craft and design. We encourage submissions that explore creative practices including technologies, designs, art and craft and address how creativity manifests itself in our daily lives and inspires connectedness and survival for individuals and society in the face of global pandemic. The call is aligned with this year’s conference theme: “Creativity, Craft, and Design”.
Creativity and Cognition 2021 is a venue for discussing research on creativity support environments; studies of technology, people, creativity, craft and design; as well as creative works that use computing to engage, stimulate, and provoke individual and collective experiences. We will incorporate options for virtual attendance and paper presentations. As in related conferences, papers will be reviewed based on the significance of the contribution, originality, validity, the soundness of the arguments.
We welcome high-quality submissions on a range of topics including, but not limited to:
- Creativity in the face of global pandemic
- A variety of creative phenomena of individuals and/or society
- Creativity support environments and computing technologies designed to foster, promote, improve, and increase creative experiences, processes, products, and services
- Capturing, representing, and analyzing creative processes
- Gaming technologies that support new forms of play or creative learning
- Virtual and mixed reality technologies that provoke creativity or amplify cognition
- Studies of creativity applications to different domains such as learning, work, wellbeing, health, entertainment
- Supporting, nurturing, embracing creativity in art, craft and design
- Theoretical reflection on creativity
- Investigations of curation practices, platforms, and environments, in contexts from everyday to scholarly to museums
- Research on collaboration, crowdsourcing and micro-task activities
- Studies of social media and how it impacts individual and social relatedness
- New methodologies and theories for evaluating the impact of computing on creativity
- Studies evaluating creativity in diverse contexts such as work with underserved communities, longitudinal studies, and cross-cultural contexts
There are two types of paper submissions: full papers (8-12 pages excluding references) and short papers (4-6 pages excluding references) in the ACM SIGCHI submission template format (SIGCHI ACM new, standardized single-column format including templates for both LaTeX and Word). Papers must be submitted in PDF.
The total size of all submitted materials, including a video figure, should not exceed 100 MB. If you are unsure of what constitutes a well-formed paper, see the many examples in the ACM Digital Library for our conference, including examples of C&C Best Papers.
All submissions will be made through the Precision Conference website. For details see below (“Where to Submit” section).
Accepted full and short papers will be included in the Proceedings of Creativity and Cognition 2021, and will become available in ACM Digital Library.
Where to Submit
Please submit via the Precision Conference (PCS) website below:
Once you have logged into the PCS website, select the following options (which will become available early next year) under “Submissions” and click the Go button.
- Society: SIGCHI
- Conference/Journal: Creativity & Cognition 2021
- Track: Creativity & Cognition 2021 Papers
Video figures (optional)
Papers follow a rigorous blind peer review process. This process is managed by the Creativity & Cognition 2021 Program Committee. Confidentiality of submissions is maintained throughout the review process. Each paper will be reviewed by a PC member along with at least two external reviewers. The Program Committee will meet at a virtual program committee meeting to discuss the final acceptance of papers for inclusion in the C&C 2021 program.