2023 Call for Posters
Deadlines are specified as Anywhere on Earth time.
- Submission Due: April 17, 2023 11:59 p.m.
- Notifications: May 1, 2023 11:59 p.m.
- Camera-ready completion deadline: May 8, 11:59 p.m.
- Dishita Turakhia, MIT
- Viveka Weiley, University of Technology, Sydney
Poster submissions should highlight early-stage research outcomes and late-breaking work that show promise for maturing into future paper submissions. Topics of interest may broadly relate to the conference theme: Organic Creative Spaces (see Call for Participation). These include, but are not limited to:
- How human and computational aspects of creativity can beneficially impact our communities and cultures.
- How human experience impacts and is impacted by processes of creatively forming and solving problems, designing spaces, and building new possibilities.
- How creativity, craft, and design can be elicited, supported or even augmented by (novel) methods, materials, and (digital) tools.
Posters will be showcased at the conference during a dedicated poster-demo session. Authors will have the opportunity to discuss the work with conference attendees and receive feedback.
For the review process, authors must submit an abstract (up to 3000 words, excluding titles, references and figure/table captions). Authors will later be asked to submit a poster design in standard page size (A4 or Letter), but this is not required at the time of submission. The abstract should describe the research problem, contribution, and value to the C&C research community. Accepted submissions will be published in the conference proceedings.
Format and Submission Details
Poster submissions can be up to 3000 words long (excluding titles, references and figure/table captions) following the single column ACM Submission Template. The submission should include:
- Anonymized poster abstract (3000 word limit, excluding titles, references and figure/table captions) prepared in the single column ACM Submission Template. Submissions longer than 3000 words will be automatically rejected. Please refer to the ACM publication workflow for more information on the single column template.
- The total size of all submitted materials should not exceed 20 MB.
- Please follow appropriate guidelines to make your submission accessible.
As a published ACM author, you and your co-authors are subject to all ACM Publications Policies, including ACM’s new Publications Policy on Research Involving Human Participants and Subjects.
Where to Submit
Please submit via the Precision Conference (PCS) website here:
Once you have logged into the PCS website, select the following options under “Submissions” and click the Go button.
- Society: SIGCHI
- Conference/Journal: Creativity & Cognition 2023
- Track: Creativity & Cognition 2023 Posters
Posters will be jury-reviewed by a committee with external reviewers. Authors who submit may expect to receive light feedback of up to a few paragraphs in length.
Posters will be reviewed independently of other tracks. Therefore, for example, if authors want to submit both a poster and a technical demonstration, then the authors need to make two separate submissions, one for the poster and one for the demonstration, as described in the respective calls.
Incomplete and incorrect submission content or formats will be automatically rejected. Late submissions are not permitted. Authors may submit to both the poster and demo tracks through two separate submissions. However, both submissions must address significantly different aspects of the research to warrant two publications and presentations. Submissions deemed too similar will be considered a demo submission only and rejected from the poster track.