2021 Call for Posters
- Submission Due: April 12th, 2021, 11:59 PM (UTC)
- Notifications: May 3rd, 2021
- Camera-Ready Deadline: May 17th, 2021
Deadlines are specified as Anywhere on Earth time.
- Alwin de Rooij, Tilburg University
- Duri Long, Georgia Institute of Technology
Poster submissions should highlight early-stage research outcomes and late-breaking work that show promise for maturing into future paper submissions. Topics of interest may broadly relate to the conference theme: Creativity, Craft, and Design (see Call for Participation). These include, but are not limited to:
- How human and computational aspects of creativity can beneficially impact our communities and cultures.
- How human experience impacts and is impacted by processes of creatively forming and solving problems, designing spaces, and building new possibilities.
- How creativity, craft, and design can be elicited, supported or even augmented by (novel) methods, materials, and (digital) tools.
Posters will be showcased at the conference during a dedicated poster-demo session. Authors will have the opportunity to discuss the work with conference attendees and receive feedback.
For the review process, authors must submit an abstract (up to six pages) and must include a draft of the poster display that has been reduced to one standard page in size (A4 or Letter). The abstract should describe the research problem, contribution, and value to the C&C research community. The poster display must be submitted as a supplementary document in the submission system. Accepted submissions will be published in the conference proceedings.
Format and Submission Details
Posters can be up to 6 pages long (excluding references) following the single column ACM Submission Template. The submission should include:
- Anonymized poster abstract (6-page limit excluding references) prepared in the single column ACM Submission Template. Submissions longer than 6 pages will be automatically rejected. Please refer to the ACM publication workflow for more information on the single column template.
- Anonymized 1-page (A4 or Letter) draft design for the poster (as PDF). Guidelines and requirements for posters presented at the conference will be announced to authors of accepted submissions following notifications.
- The total size of all submitted materials should not exceed 20 MB.
- Please follow appropriate guidelines to make your submission accessible.
Where to Submit
Please submit via the Precision Conference (PCS) website below:
Once you have logged into the PCS website, select the following options under “Submissions” and click the Go button.
- Society: SIGCHI
- Conference/Journal: Creativity & Cognition 2021
- Track: Creativity & Cognition 2021 Posters
Posters will be juried—reviewed by a committee with external reviewers. Reviewers will be asked to comment on the quality of the poster display as part of the review process. Submissions without a poster display will be rejected. Authors who submit may expect to receive light feedback of up to a few paragraphs in length.
Posters will be reviewed independently of other tracks. Therefore, for example, if authors want to submit both a poster and a technical demonstration, then the authors need to make two separate submissions, one for the poster and one for the demonstration, as described in the respective calls.
Incomplete and incorrect submission content or formats will be automatically rejected. Late submissions are not permitted. Authors may submit to both the poster and demo tracks through two separate submissions. However, both submissions must address significantly different aspects of the research to warrant two publications and presentations. Submissions deemed too similar will be considered a demo submission only and rejected from the poster track.
C&C 2021 and C&C 2022
All posters accepted for publication to the C&C 2021 virtual conference will also be invited to present at the C&C 2022 conference in Venice. Authors will be given the opportunity to update their poster presentations in 2022 to reflect new work, advances and lessons learned after the 2021 conference. Returning authors will also be offered a discount to attend the C&C 2022 conference.