The organising committee of Creativity & Cognition 2021 (C&C2021) is looking for student volunteers. Student volunteers (SVs) are essential to the success of this virtual conference. We invite enthusiastic and reliable SVs to help us run C&C2021.
Being an SV provides a unique opportunity to contribute to organising a virtual conference as well as interact closely with contributors, attendees, and your peers. In return for your work, you will get a full conference pass providing you access to all the paper sessions, posters and demos. It is a fantastic opportunity to use this event to build your professional network.
The conference will be taking place virtually this June 2021. As a result, SVs are even more crucial for making the conference a success. SVs will not travel for this conference. Training will be provided to the volunteers on the use and troubleshooting of the conference tools.
What is in it for you?
Being a SV is a very enriching experience. You will get to meet incredible people and make connections. In return for helping us during the conference, you will also have:
- Free registration to the conference including the opportunity to listen to presentations
- An opportunity to network with other students and leading researchers
- Accepted SVs will be offered an opportunity to present a poster of their research during the virtual conference. The poster session will take place alongside the main poster and tool demonstration session. These poster descriptions will not be included in the ACM Digital Library proceedings for the conference.
- An opportunity to be a part of the first virtual C&C conference!
SVs who are eligible will receive priority for the next face to face C&C2022 to be held in Venice.
What we ask of you
We are looking for enthusiastic, reliable, and friendly people, both experienced and those new to volunteering. You must be enrolled as an undergraduate, masters, or doctoral student between January to May in 2021 (e.g., Spring 2021). Students who are graduating at the time of the conference are also eligible to apply.
What will I do as a volunteer?
As a SV, we ask you to:
- Attend orientation sessions before the conference
- Arrive at the conference in due time
- Work around 12-15 hours
- Show up on time to assigned tasks
You are expected to be present online during the entire conference from 22nd-23rd June 2021. SVs will also need to be available some time prior to the event for training sessions on the platforms Gather.Town and Zoom that C&C2021 will use this year. SVs will need to attend some training sessions prior to the conference to become well-acquainted with the platforms.
SVs will fundamentally help to run many of the virtual sessions, which means starting and ending the sessions, help the presenters, report and/or solve technical problems during the talks, and provide remote general assistance to keep the conference running smoothly. All SVs will have time to attend sessions during the conference.
Application and Selection
We ask that you send a copy of your CV and an accompanying statement. The short statement (max. 300 words) should address the following:
- Outline your interest or studies in the topics of the conference.
- Why you wish to undertake the SV role.
- Confirm if you have attended a C&C conference before and in what capacity.
- If you have any technical skills (including Gather.Town).
- If you have been a SV, or other role, at another conference.
- Your location/time zone for the conference in June.
Send your CV and accompanying statement (PDF documents are preferred) via email to the Student Volunteer Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: “C&C2021 Student Volunteer Application for [YOUR NAME]”
We will notify you by early May 2021 of the result of your application.
All applications must be submitted by 12th April 2021.
|Deadline for applications||12th April 2021|
|Applicants will be informed of their acceptance or waitlist status||Early May 2021|
|Orientation session||Later May 2021|
|Conference||22nd – 23rd June 2021|
Student Volunteer co-chairs