The organising committee of Creativity & Cognition 2022 (C&C2022) is looking for student volunteers. Student volunteers (SVs) are essential to the success of the conference. We invite enthusiastic and reliable SVs to help us run C&C2022.
Being an SV provides a unique opportunity to contribute to organising a conference as well as interact closely with contributors, attendees, and your peers. In return for your work, you will get a full conference pass providing you access to all the paper sessions, posters and demos. It is a fantastic opportunity to use this event to build your professional network.
The conference will be taking place June 2022 in Venice, Italy.
What is in it for you?
Being a SV is a very enriching experience. You will get to meet incredible people and make connections. In return for helping us during the conference, you will also have:
- Free registration to the conference including the opportunity to listen to presentations (it covers conference fees, but not travel or accommodation expenses).
- An opportunity to network with other students and leading researchers
- Accepted SVs will be offered an opportunity to present a poster of their research during the conference. The poster session will take place alongside the main poster and tool demonstration session. These poster descriptions will not be included in the ACM Digital Library proceedings for the conference.
SVs who are eligible will receive priority for the next face to face C&C2022 to be held in Venice.
What we ask of you
We are looking for enthusiastic, reliable, and friendly people, both experienced and those new to volunteering. You must be enrolled as an undergraduate, masters, or doctoral student between January to May in 2022 (e.g., Spring 2022). Students who are graduating at the time of the conference are also eligible to apply.
What will I do as a volunteer?
As a SV, we ask you to:
- Attend orientation sessions before the conference
- Arrive at the conference in due time
- Show up on time to assigned tasks
SVs are not trained event managers, they are volunteers and conference attendees. All SVs agree to an informal contract and you are expected to be present at the entire conference from 20th-23rd June 2022 in Venice, Italy.
SVs will fundamentally help to run many of the sessions, which means starting and ending the sessions, help the presenters, report and/or solve technical problems during the talks, processing registrations, operating the information desk, providing information about the conference to attendees, helping with traffic flow, running errands, and provide general assistance to keep the conference running smoothly. SVs will support the conference art exhibition and support delegates to travel around Venice. All SVs will have time to attend sessions during the conference.
Application and Selection
We ask that you send a copy of your CV and an accompanying statement. The short statement (max. 300 words) should address the following:
- Outline your interest or studies in the topics of the conference.
- Why you wish to undertake the SV role.
- Confirm if you have attended a C&C conference before and in what capacity.
- If you have any technical skills.
- If you have been a SV, or other role, at another conference.
Send your CV and accompanying statement (PDF documents are preferred) via email to the Student Volunteer Chair, email@example.com with the subject: “C&C2022 Student Volunteer Application for [YOUR NAME]”
We will have two applications rounds.
First Round applications must be submitted by 24th January 2022.
|Deadline for applications||24th January 2022|
|Applicants will be informed of their acceptance or waitlist status||14th February 2022|
|Conference||22nd – 23rd June 2022|
Second Round applications must be submitted by 14th April 2022.
|Deadline for Applications||14th April 2022|
|Applicants will be informed of their acceptance or waitlist status||25th April 2022|
|Conference||20th – 23rd June 2022|